Earlier we told you how to turn off unwanted ads in MIUI 10 through a step-by-step guide. At the same time, now we are going to tell you how to disable unwanted ads on MIUI 11.
Many people do not know which version their phone is working on, so to know your smartphone version, open your Xiaomi phone’s settings and go to ‘About phone’. Here you will get all the information related to your phone, the information of MIUI will be given like this, ‘MIUI Global 11.0.4’. If the version of your phone is MIUI 11, then you can turn off unwanted ads in your phone in this way.
Turn Off Unwanted Ads Through MSA Process
One of the biggest reasons for showing ads in stock apps is the MSA or MIUI system advertising process, which keeps running in the background. In the previous version of MIUI, you had to switch off several times to turn off ads, but we found the method of MIUI 11 quite simple, how? Let’s know-
1. First of all go to the Settings app.
2. Complete the Authorization & Revocation process by entering the password.
3. Here you will see ‘msa’ list with green Android logo, which you have to ‘off’.
4. After this, you have to do the same with GetApps, the last option in the list.
5. After this you will get a warning message of 10 seconds, in which you will be asked to ensure this step.
6. After the countdown is over, press ‘Revoke’. If it doesn’t turn off at once, you can do it multiple times. (Though this will not need to be done.)
7. After this, even if you reboot your phone, you will still have MSA disabled.
Other changes to turn off ads-
The above method is enough, but we have other ways to turn off advertising. By using these methods, you can completely get rid of unwanted ads. For this follow these steps-
1. Go to Password & Security by following the first method.
2. Now scroll down by clicking on Privacy, then tap on the User Experience Program section.
3. Here you have to disable the toggle switch for User Experience Program and Send diagnostic data automatically.
4. Now you will see Ad services below. Here you have to disable Personalized ad recommendations.
With these methods, you will not only be able to see ads from the native app, but this method will not be able to turn off spam notifications from other apps on your phone, for this you will have to go to individual apps and disable notifications. Let’s know how-
How to turn off ads from Mi Video-
1. Open the Mi Video app.
2. After this tap on the Profile tab in the bottom right corner and then go to Settings.
3. Now disable Online recommendations, Push notifications and Personalized recommendations.
How to turn off ads from Mi Music
1. Open the Music app.
2. Now click on the three-line menu at the top.
3. After this go to Settings, go to Advanced Settings and scroll down to disable Receive Recommendations.
How to turn off ads from File Manager-
1. Open the File Manager app.
2. Now click on the three-line menu at the top.
3. Go to About followed by Settings.
4. Disable Recommendations.
How to turn off Advertisement in Downloads-
1. Open the Downloads app by going to the Tools folder.
2. Tap on the three vertical dots.
3. Disable recommended content here.
How to Disable Ads in Mi Browser-
1. First of all open Mi Browser.
2. Tap on the three-line menu and go to Settings.
3. Disable Content Feed here. (If you don’t want weird content to pop-up)
4. Now go to Advanced and disable Show ads here.
5. Now go to the main Settings page and tap on Privacy & security.
6. Here you have to disable Personalized services.
How to turn off ads from Mi Security-
1. Open the Security app.
2. Now click on the cog icon on the top left.
3. Now tap on Cleaner in Settings and disable Receive recommendations given at the bottom of the list.
4. You can also disable it through Remind to clean option.
5. Now go back to Main Settings and scroll down to disable Receive Recommendations.
6. For more privacy, you can also disable Report data usage info by clicking on Data Usage.
Close ads in Themes like this-
1. Open the Themes app.
2. Now tap on the My page tab located on the lower right.
3. Disable Recommendations by tapping on Settings.
How to Uninstall Bloatware
We’ve covered all the ways to get rid of unwanted ads and notifications from native apps, now it’s time to come pre-installed on our phones, including Dailyhunt, WPS Office, Opera Mini and some games apps like Ludo Master. , Pop Shooter Blast etc. However, many of these apps we can uninstall include Mi Community, Mi Store, and Mi Credit. Know what to do for them-
1. Long-press the app you want to uninstall, and then tap App info in the pop-up bubble.
2. After this all you have to do is click on the Uninstall button, which will be given to you at the bottom.
3. Then tap on OK, complete the uninstall process.
Disable Promoted Apps like this-
There are some default folders, like Games and More apps etc.. When you open them, you see promoted apps.
To close such folders, long-press on them. Now all you have to do is turn it off.
Turn off spam app notifications like this-
To turn off spam app notifications, long-press on the alert in the notification shade, after which you will see a toggle switch where you will get the option to turn off the notification of the app. Turn it off here, after that you will not receive any notification from these apps.
1. Go to the Settings app of the phone.
2. Tap on Notifications and scroll down to the bottom of the list, here you will get the option of Disable Notification which you have to turn off.