The trouble is, for Live Train Status, you need to download the NTES app on your smartphone. At the same time, to know the PNR Status, the Rail Connect app. Many people complain that what is the need of two apps to get information related to one service. Probably to overcome this problem, Indian Railways has partnered with online travel website Make My Trip. Due to this partnership, users will now be able to check PNR status and live train status through WhatsApp.
To take advantage of this facility, some important things have to be taken care of. The most important of these is that you have the latest version of WhatsApp. Also without internet connection nothing will work. If you want to know the status of your train ticket, then write down the PNR number and keep it somewhere. If you want to know the live running status of the train, then keep the train number nearby.
Store MakeMyTrip WhatsApp number in your phone
1. First of all open the dialer of your smartphone.
2. Type ‘7349389104’ here. Please tell that this is the official WhatsApp number of MakeMyTrip. Then save it in the contact.
3. After storing this number in the phone, open WhatsApp on your phone. After this refresh the contact list.
4. After this search the number with MacMyTrip in the contact. After this open the chat window of this number.
Do this to know train status
1. To know the live train status, send the train number in the chat window. For example, type 12309 and send it to chat.
2. After this you will get the live status of that train.
Please tell that you will not be able to get any information about the train running a day before like the Rail Connect app. The information will be available for that day only.
how to check pnr
1. To check the train ticket status, send the PNR number by giving a space after PNR in the chat window. For example, PNR 1234567890
2. After this you will get the PNR status detail in reply.
Please tell that during this time you have to take care of some other things. Like the message sent by you has been delivered to MakeMyTrip on the WhatsApp number. If you can see two ticks next to the message text then the message has been delivered. Apart from this, MakeMyTrip gives all this information from the IRCTC server. It is possible that sometimes it will take some time to get the answer.