If you want to cancel your prime membership for any reason, you can get it done. One major reason could be its cost. In India, this membership is available with a fee of Rs 329 per three months or Rs 999 per year. Although it is much cheaper inside India as compared to the US. In the US, this subscription is available for a fee of $ 12.99 (about Rs 960) per month. There it has an annual fee of $119 (roughly Rs. 8,760). At this price you might not want to stick with it.
It is worth noting here that from the date you have subscribed for the time, it will continue for that time even after cancellation. This means that for example if you have subscribed for three months and after one month you want to cancel it, it will continue for two months even after that. Therefore, the advantage of canceling the subscription is that after the end of the period, when it is time for auto-renew, the subscription is closed and the auto-renewal is stopped. However, the customer can ask its customer service department to cancel the subscription through Amazon’s app or website.
If you want to cancel your subscription manually through your mobile app or computer, follow these steps.
How to cancel your Amazon Prime membership
You can cancel Amazon prime membership by visiting its website by following the steps given below. If you want to know the steps to cancel through the app then see next to it.
- Customer Amazon.in Go to the website and login to your account.
- Select Your Account by clicking on the hamburger menu at the top left.
- Now click on Prime option.
- After this click on the Manage membership link. Here you will see a drop-down list. Select Manage Membership here.
- Now click on the End membership option.
- Amazon now shows you a screen telling you how much money you’ve saved on your delivery fees since taking membership.
- Now click on Continue to Cancel.
Now you see a screen on which there will be End on (expiry date of your prime membership) button. Now your prime membership will definitely be canceled as soon as the renewal date comes.
You can click on the Remind me later button if you want to receive a reminder three days before the subscription is due to renew. Even at the time of subscribing, you see the End Now button on Amazon for three days. If you are not satisfied with the service in the first three days, you can cancel the subscription immediately. For this, the company refunds you for the remaining period of membership or the full period. This refund is made through a credit note.
How to cancel your Amazon Prime membership using the app
- Follow these steps to cancel your Amazon subscription from your smartphone through the app.
- Go to the Amazon app on your phone.
- Then click on the hamburger menu button at the bottom right corner.
- Now tap on Prime.
- Click Manage My Membership next to the Prime title.
- Now tap on Manage membership drop down menu and then select Manage Membership option.
- Here press on End membership.
- The screen will now show you how much you have saved on delivery fees since subscribing. Scroll down to the bottom of this screen.
- Here tap on Continue to Cancel and then click on End on (the end date of your prime membership) button.
It is worth noting here that once Prime membership is canceled, you will not be able to take advantage of services like Prime Video or Prime Music.
Gadgets 360 for the latest tech news, smartphone reviews and exclusive offers on popular mobiles Android Download the app and visit us Google News Follow up on