To enable all the functions mentioned above, the Find My iPhone feature must first be activated on your iPhone.
How to enable Find My iPhone
– Open Settings.
Now you will see the Apple ID under the search bar in the first tab of the setting screen, on which you have to click.
Now click on Find My option, which is the third option after iCloud and Media & Purchases.
After that select Find My iPhone option. Now toggle on the Find My iPhone option.
After completing the steps mentioned above, you are all set to find your lost iPhone. To find the location of your lost iPhone or to delete the data icloud.com/find Sign in to
How to see lost iPhone on a map
– Go to the above link and after signing in, enter the Apple ID and password through the browser. Immediately after this, the location of your iPhone will be automatically detected.
After a few seconds, the location of your iPhone will start appearing on the screen through the map.
– Users are cautioned not to attempt to retrieve their iPhone on their own if the device is showing up at an unknown location. Instead, they can take the help of law.
How to play a sound on your lost iPhone
After the phone is located, you will see All Devices on the top of the map, on which you have to click.
– Select your missing iPhone model on the drop-down menu.
Now a floating box will appear on the top-right corner of the screen, in which the picture of your iPhone, the name of the phone and the remaining battery will appear.
– Now you click on the Play Sound button, which will cause your iPhone to vibrate and make a beeping sound that will gradually get louder, even if your phone is on silent mode. This feature is especially useful when you forget your iPhone in a nearby room or at a nearby place. You have to unlock your phone to stop the sound.
How to mark your iPhone as lost
Click on the Lost Mode button from the floating window.
– You will be asked to enter an optional phone number that you have. This number will appear on your lost iPhone. You will now be asked to enter a custom message that will also appear on your iPhone. Keep in mind that these steps are optional. Lost Mode will automatically lock your iPhone with a passcode to ensure that all data remains secure.
Now click on Done.
How to erase data on your lost iPhone
Click on the Erase iPhone button from the floating window.
– Your confirmation will be asked in a pop-up message. Keep in mind that while confirming this, all the data present in your phone will be deleted. Cannot locate or track iPhone with deleted information.
Now click on Erase.