Do not accept the updated terms of service of WhatsApp
You will get notification of new terms of service on WhatsApp. As soon as you open the app, a page will open containing the new terms of service. You will be asked to agree to these Terms of Service. If you are on this screen follow these instructions
1. tap read
2. Then uncheck ‘Share my WhatsApp account information with Facebook’.
Another way to stop WhatsApp from sharing data with Facebook
Even if you have already agreed to WhatsApp’s new terms of service, you can stop the messaging app from sharing data with Facebook. For this you have to do this.
If you have an iPhone:
1. Tap Settings, then go to Account.
2. Uncheck Share my account info.
1. Tap the three dot icon in the top right corner.
2. Tap Settings, then go to Account.
3. Then uncheck Share my account info.
In this way, you will be able to prevent WhatsApp from sharing your data with Facebook. If you have not been updated with the new Terms of Service by WhatsApp, it means that these changes have not yet been rolled out for your device. Do note that these will soon be rolled out for your handset as well, so follow the instructions above.