With all these features, the Signal app is giving a tough competition to apps like WhatsApp and Telegram. of signal Claim It is said that even when accessed on laptops and computers, messages will remain completely private on Signal.
Like WhatsApp, you must also have Signal app in your phone. But the use of Signal on laptops and computers is slightly different from WhatsApp Web. Signal doesn’t have a web client, so it’s limited to desktop apps. This means that you cannot access messages on Signal using a web browser. For this, you have to download and install its native app on your laptop and computer. The Signal Desktop app is available for Windows, macOS and Linux platforms. This will require at least 64-bit Windows 7, macOS 10.10 or a 64-bit Linux distribution supporting APT such as Ubuntu or Debian. To use the signal in your laptop and computer, you have to follow the steps mentioned below.
How to use Signal on your laptop or PC
1. First on your Desktop Signal Download to.
2. Now install the downloaded Signal Desktop. Follow the prompts shown on the screen to install the download app on Windows laptop and computer. But if you’re using macOS, you’ll need to install it by going to the Applications folder, away from Signal. Linux users need to install it on the device following the on-screen instructions.
3. After installation, Signal Desktop has to be linked with your phone, for which you have to scan the QR code coming on the laptop or computer screen. To scan the QR code, you have to open the signal settings of your Android or iPhone smartphone. Then tap on Linked Devices and then click on the (+) sign.
4. You can also choose the name of your linked device.
5. Now click on Finish button and complete the process.