This contribution is deposited in the EPF account of the employees and the entire money contributed, along with the employer’s contribution and interest, can be withdrawn at the time of retirement. However, this money can be withdrawn even before the completion of the time period, for which there are some methods. In this article, we are telling you how you can withdraw money from your EPF account online.
How to withdraw money from EPF online
Before starting it is important to know that complete withdrawal from EPF account is possible only when either the employee has retired or is not in service for more than two months. EPFO has also made provision for partial withdrawal under certain circumstances like medical illness, marriage, calamity or house renovation etc.
You can check the criteria for premature withdrawal in the FAQ document available on the EPFO site.
- Visit the UAN member’s e-services portal.
- Enter your Universal Account Number (UAN) and Password here. After this fill the CAPTCHA. Then click on the Sign in button.
- Now click on Online Services at the top of the menu and then click on CLAIM (FORM-31,19,10C&10D) option.
- Verify the details appearing on the online claim form.
- After verification, enter your bank account number.
- Now click on the Verify button and then click on the Yes button which is available on the Certificate of Undertaking.
- Now you are asked for Proceed for Online claim. For which you have to click on Proceed.
- Now in this form you are asked whether you are applying for advanced PF withdrawal. In this you see a drop menu titled- ‘Purpose for which advance is required’. The purpose of this is to know from you why you want to withdraw. You can choose the reason from this menu.
- Now enter the amount you want to withdraw in the text box. After that fill your email address in the Employee Address section.
- Click on the certificate and then submit your application.
After submission the EPFO site may ask you to submit the scanned copy of the documents which you have filled for the reason for withdrawal. Now you need to get this application attested by the employer. This process may take 15 to 20 days to get the amount in your bank account.
Gadgets 360 for the latest tech news, smartphone reviews and exclusive offers on popular mobiles Android Download the app and visit us Google News Follow up on